You are choosing to vacation in a beautiful, though developing, Caribbean island. Yes the mojitos run freely & the tropical fruit is plentiful, but it’s a good idea you knowing that electricity, internet & water outages are all possible here. This applies across the Caribbean region. These problems are always temporary & we of course do our best to speed any solution along. If such outages cause you concern, the Carribbean may not be your ideal location :-).
Please Note: We do not offer refunds if such issues occur as they are entirely out of our control & a common part of life here in the Caribbean.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- COMMUNICATION : We require your email address to send you your secure door code. Please send this promptly after booking.
- SELF CHECK-IN : Guests are responsible for their Self-Check-in – there is no reception area. Full instructions will be sent to you a day before your arrival.
- STAFF WORKING HOURS : Our staff are contactable between 8am & 8pm local time. If you plan to check in after 8pm, you must inform our property manager in advance.
- ELECTRICITY FEE : We charge electricity usage separately to encourage guests to shut all windows when they are using the air-con & to turn off all air-cons/lights when they go out. Standard: Max $4/day cooler months and $8/day warmer months. Additional $3/day for Penthouse Apartment.
|Per Night Charge|
|Cooler Months||Warmer Months|
|Standard||Up to $4||Up to $8|
|Penthouse||Up to $7||Up to $12|
- TIMINGS : Please send us your estimated arrival time when booking.
Check in = anytime after 4pm.
Check out = anytime before 11am.
If you would like to check out later, you are welcome to book an additional night stay. If not, we will start preparations for the next guests at 11am.
- APARTMENT CARE : Before you leave, please ensure you take out the trash, wash-up dirty dishes & leave the apartment ready to be cleaned. If the apartment is left in bad condition, we may charge an additional cleaning fee.
- GUESTS : Ensure you book the correct number of adults, children & infants. Unregistered guests will not be able to access the apartment.
- CAN WE FIX IT? If something breaks/stops functioning, please promptly inform us so that we can address it as soon as possible. Equally, if the cleaners have overlooked something, do not panic! Please politely contact us and we will swiftly address the issue.
- STAFF ACCESS : Our maintenance staff may enter the apartment for repairs/checks, even if no one is home. They will always knock before entering.
- CLEANING SERVICE : Your booking cost covers your check-out-cleaning. You are welcome to purchase additional cleaning at anytime during your stay.
- BEACH : Please note that although we guarantee quality, well-priced accommodation, we cannot guarantee the wind, waves, sea conditions, tide patterns or sand levels. Cabarete is an authentic Caribbean holiday location & is of course exposed to natural changes in tides & ocean patterns. At times the beach may be huge, at other times the beach may entirely disappear. We ask guests to fully appreciate that these natural phenomena are entirely out of our control.
7 days before check out, a damage deposit of $200 will be pre-authorised on your card.
We hold the right to charge for any damaged/missing items or late check outs. Please read the following:
- SMOKING : No smoking in the apartment. If you smoke just outside, please close windows and doors. Smoking fine = Min $200
- SAND : Please use the pool showers to wash sand from yourself before entering the apartment. Our plumbing system cannot cope with sand and will likely become blocked.
- STAINS : Please refrain from:
- Using towels/bedding as make-up removers or floor mats
- Sitting on furniture while wet
- Laying in beds with Sun Cream/Tanning lotion/Hair dye
- Drying towels/sheets outside on metal (rusty) objects.
- Using inside-apartment items outside: cushions, blankets, bath towels etc.
- RAIN : Please move outdoor cushions inside when raining. To prevent flooding, please shut doors/windows before leaving the apartment. Unexpected storms are common here.
- PETS : No pets are allowed in the apartment. Pet fine = $150
NON-AIRBNB BOOKINGS – Additional T&C’s
- You will be asked to confirm you have read and agree to our terms and conditions immediately after you have booked. If you do not confirm within 12 hours of booking, we maintain the right to cancel your reservation.
- On arrival, you will be asked to present your payment card and a matching ID. Our staff will take photos and return them to you immediately.
- A $200 damage deposit will be “pre-authorised” on your credit/debit card 7 days before your check out. Any outstanding charges will be charged from this amount. Outstanding charges may include:
- Electricity usage
- Any additional services you requested during your stay
- Any Damage or missing items
- Unauthorised late check outs (Additional night stay charged)
- You may be asked to manually pay additional charges (e.g. electricity). If payment is not receive manually, our systems will automatically charge your card.
- All bookings within 30 days of arrival are non-refundable.
- If a refund is authorised, the 5% card-processing fee will not be returned by the card processor.
- If payment can not be processed within 24 hours of you making your booking, your reservation may be cancelled.
Guests can cancel free of charge until 14 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price of the reservation if they cancel in the 14 days before arrival.
We strongly advise all our guests to take out travel insurance so that they are fully covered should they need to cancel last minute.